New Markets Purchasing & Estimator Specialist
Position Title: New Markets Purchasing & Estimator Specialist
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The New Markets Purchasing Specialist will be a core member of the Century Complete Purchasing team working with the Corporate and Division Purchasing Managers and VP of Operations to assist with entering new markets. Position will include up to 25% of travel time as a portion of time will need to be spent on the ground in the new markets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Research and obtain costing for New Markets sourcing top ten crafts and acquiring three bids per craft.
- Complete costing for the remainder of the crafts for the New Market.
- Setup costing for the New Market in the NEWSTAR Feasibility Project
- Follow company guidelines for on boarding new sub-contractors and ensures all necessary paperwork is in place and routed properly to ensure all vendors are fully documented before work commences.
- Partner with Corporate and Division Purchasing Managers to prepare cost comparisons, identify cost savings, maintaining “should costs”, and monitor rebate program adherence.
- Monitor all costs associated with construction to ensure the company is receiving the best market price for labor and materials.
- Reviews PO pre-releases to ensure accuracy prior to job start.
- Analyze cost and variance spend reports to ensure maximum profitability.
- Participate in Corporate National Purchasing initiatives to ensure compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Experienced negotiation capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude to run and review reports and pinpoint areas of need that align with company initiatives
- Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing purchasing software with a knowledge basis on electronic Costing & Estimating
- Minimum 2 years of new construction experience