Vice President of Operations
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Century Communities, Inc. (CCS on the NYSE) is looking for a Vice President of Operations. The Vice President reports directly to the Division President and works on improving current systems and work processes while partnering closely with our Directors of Construction through the entire construction process from inception to final completion.The Vice President of Operations focuses on providing high-quality, on-time delivery of Century homes along with total customer satisfaction, all while balancing the financial objectives of the Division. This position will play a critical role in the direction and management of the construction process and overall field management.
- Act as a liaison, director, and manager to all construction field personnel. Ensure work quality of all subcontractors, architects, engineers
- Coordinate build times and resolve any outstanding construction items
- Manage building schedules to ensure on-time deliveries
- Lead efforts to manage, hire and train all Construction Personnel
- Ensure accuracy of construction status reporting
- Provide evaluation of sub-contractor performance
- Responsible for quality control, quality assurance, EPA and OSHA compliance
- Serve as contact with third party risk engineering departments and Company’s construction insurance provider
- Responsible for the appearance of all communities, models, and spec homes
Review all work in process to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, building codes, and Company standards
- Review and recommend improvements to both existing and proposed plans; Responsible for ensuring that all needed red lining of plans is complete
- Field responsibility for controlling costs, achieving budgeted margins, and improving the bottom line
- Responsible for accuracy of approvals for payment of all subcontractor invoices
Customer Care Department:
- Oversee Warranty Department
- Manage Director of New Home Warranty, Warranty Coordinator, and Customer Service, Representatives
- Establish and monitor customer care policies, processes, and procedures to ensure complete homebuyer satisfaction; resolve any outstanding customer complaints, and seek ways to improve customer survey results and the complete customer experience
- Responsible for planning and directing work and appraising performance
- Make recommendations to the Division President on promotions/transfers, salary actions, hiring, disciplinary discussions, and terminations
- Manage all field development operation
- Assist with management of all bond & LOC refunds
- Maintains general safety program to include conducting periodic inspections and safety programs on a yearly basis. Reports all unsafe practices to management.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in single and multi-family construction management.
- Previous High-Volume Public Homebuilder experience required.
- In-depth knowledge in all aspects of the homebuilding industry
- Requires strong knowledge of residential construction concepts and practices
- Experience analyzing and interpreting financial reports
- Ability to read blueprints
- Proven ability to build, develop and manage activities of direct reports
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution capabilities
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, supervisory personnel
Century intends to offer the selected candidate within the range stated; the final offer will be based on a variety of factors including experience. Base pay range of $150,000.00 - $190,000.00 plus an annual bonus, commission, sales bonus, occasional incentive, or quarterly bonus, whichever is applicable.