Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Financial Analyst will provide financial consulting and strategic support to Finance lead including weekly sales reporting and analysis, purchasing variance reviews, treasury support, financial presentations, acquisition analysis, accounts payable & check processing, audit compliance, and other projects requested by management. S/he will provide financial and business analysis, projections and assumptions to facilitate a comprehensive and accurate forecasting model.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs post acquisition project reviews comparing actual results with original underwriting to identify trends or gaps as well as areas of improvement for future deals
- Source data and prepare various consolidated weekly/monthly reporting of regional performance across company
- Partner with division management team to ensure accurate commission and bonus forecasting and reporting
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to Senior Management Team
- Responsible for the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and performance against budget
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, sourcing, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information
- Responsible for the tracking and timely payment of property tax bills
- Track and accurately code all incoming wire deposits and earnest money refunds
- Ensures understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices
- Provides analytical support to management to improve home-building operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Four-year degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent hands on experience in homebuilding construction.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ progressive experience in finance, financial planning and analysis and/or accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of GAAP, cost accounting and job costing
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient in various other software and accounting systems used in the real estate industry.