Job Title: Project Builder
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Project Builder works with senior management to improve current systems and working processes and manages personnel in the designated areas of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures all communities/ projects are operating in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labor requirements and works with field personnel and purchasing to meet objectives.
- Focus on customer satisfaction by managing the community building process, communication, and attention to detail for each and every customer in the home buying experience.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervisor field managers, assistant field managers, superintendents, and assistant superintendents.
- Works on materials management and best practices to cut costs
- Coordinates customer walks, quality assurance walks, and all schedules.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as a work procedure, complaints, and construction problems.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine the cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects. Work with purchasing to ensure takeoffs and suppliers are accurate for the field builders and subcontractors.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at a construction site.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of residential construction concepts and practices.
- Previous experience working with BuildPro a must.
- Knowledge of national and local codes.
- Excellent estimating skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage, and supervise activities of direct reports.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies,
- or members of the business community.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies, and workers, other employees, supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of budgets. Approval authority for purchases and contracts for specific communities under supervision.
Responsible for planning and directing work and appraising performance. Makes recommendations to the VP Construction on promotions/transfers, salary actions, hiring, disciplinary discussions, and terminations.
Works outside in extreme weather conditions: Position requires walking, climbing, standing, and sitting for long periods.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree in Construction Management or 8+ years’ experience in residential or multi-family construction.