Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Our internal Merchandising Department is in need of a Merchandising Purchaser to join our national model home design team. We design and manage beautiful model homes across all our markets and need your help creating these exciting environments that become successful selling tools. This is an amazing opportunity for growth and collaboration as we build our national presence.
This position is full-time, requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week and will be based out of the corporate office in Greenwood Village, CO.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Train in and master Studio Designer software and incorporate into our purchasing function
- Data entry, order entry, receiving tracking, damage claims, coordinating installs, punch lists
- Implement a structured install process for all model homes and sales offices across the nation
- Create and maintain inventories for model homes
- Facilitate the expediting of all furnishings of the project to meet ordering and install deadlines
- Procurement and purchasing using a variety of methods – credit card, wiring, checks and PO’s
- Budget tracking and reconciliation
- Travel arrangements for model and sales office installations
- Electronically file all documents related to orders
- Maintain physical purchasing binders
- Track orders and expediting
- NewStar entries and reports
- Manage and maintain direct-to-trade vendor relationships
- New vendor credit applications and terms
- Communicate with vendors
- Reconcile and code monthly credit card statements
- Participate in on-site installations
- Back-up spec staging function as needed
- Administrative duties as needed
What you will need to rock this job:
- Passionate about design
- Experience with general accounting or bookkeeping practices
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and customer support
- Detail-oriented, organized, independent, and enthusiastic
- Experience in scheduling and prioritizing projects
- Ability to work with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to problem-solve efficiently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work with diverse teams to meet their individual goals
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
It would be helpful if you had these too:
- 2+ Years in Interior Design Purchasing or Project Management role
- Experience in process improvement activities and implementing them quickly/effectively
- Experience in Studio Webware/Designer