Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Construction Manager reports directly to the Area Construction Manager and works with Senior Management personnel to improve current systems and working processes and manages personnel in a designated area of responsibility.
- Ensures all communities/ projects are operating in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labor requirements and works with field personnel and purchasing to meet objectives.
- Focus on customer satisfaction by managing the community building process, communication, and attention to detail for each and every customer in the home buying experience.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervisor field managers, assistant field managers, superintendents, and assistant superintendents.
- Works on materials management and best practices to cut costs
- Coordinates customer walks, quality assurance walks and all schedules
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as a work procedure, complaints, and construction problems.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects. Work with purchasing to ensure takeoffs and suppliers are accurate for the field builders and subcontractors.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of residential construction concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of national and local codes.
- Excellent estimating skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of direct reports.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies,
- or members of the business community.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for development and monitoring of budgets. Approval authority for purchases and contracts for specific communities under supervision.
Responsible for planning and directing work and appraising performance. Makes recommendations to the VP Construction on promotions/transfers, salary actions, hiring, disciplinary discussions, and terminations.
Works outside in extreme weather conditions, requires walking, climbing, standing and sitting for long periods.
Education and Experience
Four year degree preferred in Construction Management or 8+ years’ experience in residential or multi-family construction .