Construction Manager 1 - Dallas, TX
About Century Complete
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for providing technical expertise in coordinating all field activities as they relate to the construction of new homes per the Century Complete standards and processes. Maintain construction schedules, job site safety, erosion and sediment control standards, quality control, variance budgets, and customer satisfaction throughout the construction process.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain and coordinate construction schedules for homes in multiple neighborhoods that meet or exceed Century Complete goals.
- Communicate regularly with customers and complete customer orientation throughout the construction process. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 GOAL!
- Complete all necessary paperwork for homes under construction i.e. utility applications, internal checklists (pre-lot inspection and quality checklists)
- Coach vendors for improved performance and report to Century Complete Support when vendors fail to meet contracted obligations
- Perform daily inspections to maintain Quality Standards throughout the process
- Monitor Job Site safety by completing regular site inspections
- Setup and maintain erosion and sediment control standards on every job site
- Complete payment authorizations for all vendors
- Work to decrease all unnecessary variance expenses
- Note and communicate design or plan issues to purchasing for review
- Recruiting new vendors to work for Century Complete.
- Complete necessary punch work to eliminate variance and ensure closing deadlines are met
What You Have:
- Technical construction ability to manage construction resources and to diagnose and resolve field problems.
- People skills to handle conflict articulately and professionally with customers, building inspectors, and trade contractors.
- Ability to train trade contractors on construction techniques and field problem resolution.
- Organization aptitude to manage the scheduling of all construction resources.
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (every 4 years of experience is equal to 1 year of schooling. Ex: 12 years in the industry gives someone 3 years of continued education).
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.