Position Title: Escrow Officer Department: Title/Escrow
As the proud affiliate title company of Century Communities— a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—Parkway Title knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Parkway Title (a Century Communities, Inc. company) is currently seeking an experience Escrow Officer to join our team in the Longwood, FL office. The qualified individual will need 3-4 years of escrow experience, preferably in a builder environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Must have knowledge of all escrow processes and able to maintain escrow process from beginning to end.
- Knowledge of and responsible for preparing Closing Disclosures, and/or ATLA Settlement Statements per client requirements and CFPB/TRID and RESPA guidelines
- Thoroughly review documents such as survey’s, sale purchase contracts, preliminary title reports and lenders instructions/loan documents, legal descriptions etc.
- Be able to open pipeline files in timely fashion and order all required file documents. Ex: HOA Cert, Tax Cert, Survey etc.
- Collaborate with title department in the clearing of any title defects by ordering appropriate partial or full release of lien as needed
- Ability to effectively manage a large pipeline while maintaining time frame requirements along with continuous communication and updating with builder coordinator, buyers, lenders and realtors
- Prepare title/escrow company documents for closings and assuring accuracy
- Must be fluent with standard terminology commonly used in the title industry
- Knowledge of collecting all Taxes and HOA’s and any delinquencies and/or principle and interest associated with the purchase property
- Conduct face to face closing with buyers, realtors, loan officers along with ability to outline the lenders documents with the customers/buyers
- Complete closing and funding process by obtaining funding number, copying closing package for buyers/ realtors, disbursement of funds to all parties via wire or check, preparing and FedEx lender package. Filing recordable documents via e-recording, sending file for title policy preparation
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Prior experience working on a builder account and handling all escrow/closings.
- Knowledge of Title industry software, SoftPro a plus.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills required.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Must possess multitasking skills.
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong, positive working relationships with internal peers and external business partners.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
A minimum of 3 years experience as an Escrow Officer.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment with heavy volume.
Active FL Notary Public.
FL Title license, preferred.