Land Development Manager
Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
We are currently looking for a top-notch Land professional to join our Nashville team.
The Land Development Manager assists the VP of Land with the land entitlement and land development function for the company. The Land Development Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of land development projects to achieve quality, timing and budget specifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing management and monitor all phases of land development infrastructure construction through successful delivery of finished lots to the Construction Department.
- Work with and manage consultants to create land development schedules and budgets.
- Manage land development schedules and budgets to ensure on-time delivery of lots in accordance with the Division’s business plan.
- Manage Municipal Utility District (MUD) Process, including Finance and Development Agreement and MUD Reimbursement Process to funding.
- Coordinate on-site construction activity for scope of work with subcontractors and field consultants as necessary.
- Regularly review all active development projects to verify work in progress and contractor activity.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy by enforcing OSHA safety requirements; traffic and dust control standards; and SWPPP control BMP’s.
- Communicate and enforce safety regulations and job standards on all construction sites to laborers and sub-contractors.
- Verify material deliveries for import/export of fill; pipe; storm drains; concrete and amenity construction.
- Coordinate the inspection process in cooperation with site contractors to schedule municipal and utility inspectors.
- Interact daily with various departments of the company, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants, and jurisdictional agency representatives.
- Maintain project files and records.
- Manage Community Start-Up and Turnover Process from Land to Sales and Construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Background:
- Knowledge of heavy civil construction practices.
- Must be able to read construction documents, surveys, and technical reports to maintain quality control and oversee all aspects of construction including grading, storm drain, underground utilities and paving infrastructure.
- Ability to prioritize projects, plan and execute to meet deadlines and organize workflow.
- Sound judgment, ability to make decisions, work and act independently, and seek assistance or consult with more senior construction personnel when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both associates in the industry and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with all levels within the organization, dissatisfied customers, outside vendors, subcontractors, and laborers.
- Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations and customer concerns in a positive manner.
- A high degree of professionalism, integrity, tact, and ability to influence others.
- Team player; ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Takes initiative; proactively addresses problems with regards to product or process.
- Analytical with the ability to give, receive, and analyze information to make effective decisions under pressure, in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- 3-6 years of land development/infrastructure construction experience with increasing levels of project oversight experience preferred.
- BA/BS preferred.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.