Senior Land Development Manager
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take your career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Century Communities in Austin is currently looking for a top-notch Land professional to join our Austin team!
The Senior Land Development Manager assists the Vice President with the land entitlement and land development function for the company. The Land Development Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of land development projects to achieve quality, timing, and budget specifications.
- Assist Land Development in conducting due diligence.
- Manage project budget, schedule, cash flow and development trades in accordance with division goals
- Coordinate with municipalities and other government agencies from entitlement to final acceptance
- Manage trade bidding and contracting efforts
- Review design documents, site-plans, improvements plans, and plats for project coordination and accuracy. Check availability and location of all utilities, including sanitary sewer, water, gas and storm management.
- Check the cost involved in gaining access to these utilities as well as any development impact fees
- Manage all field efforts to include stormwater compliance
- Coordinate contractors, inspectors, engineers, and master developers
- Degree in Business, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in a related role.
- Knowledge of the Austin market
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with management and municipalities is a must.
- Computer skills are required; Word, Excel, and Outlook
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred