Division Purchasing Manager - Midwest
Position Title: Division Purchasing Manager
About Century Complete
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You'll Do:
The Division Purchasing Manager is Century Complete’s chief local trade and vendor recruiter. With support from our Corporate Purchasing team, this role is responsible for sourcing the products we need to build in a cost effective and timely manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruits and maintains sub-contractor staff adequate to construct the Division’s homes in the timeframes allocated by the company.
- Follows company guidelines for on boarding new sub-contractors and ensures all necessary paperwork is in place and routed properly to ensure all vendors are fully documented before work commences.
- Bids and monitors all costs associated with the construction of the Division’s homes to ensure the company is receiving the best market price for labor and materials.
- Reviews PO pre-releases to ensure accuracy prior to job start.
- Consults and manages sub-contractors that are found to be producing results that are not up to the company’s standards regarding quality, timeliness, and safety.
- Analyzes Division financials and variance report to ensure maximum profitability.
- Participate in Corporate national purchasing program initiatives to ensure Division compliance.
- Monitors Division’s compliance with OSHA safety standards and trains field personnel in same.
What You'll Have:
- Experienced negotiation capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Local sub-contractor relationships to ensure maximum trade depth is available
- Aptitude to run and review reports and pinpoint areas of need that align with company initiatives
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing purchasing software with a knowledge basis on electronic purchase orders
- Minimum of 2 years prior management experience
- Minimum 10 years of new construction experience
- Location is Chesterton, IN (NW Indiana)