Land Planning & Entitlements Manager
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Land Planning & Entitlements Manager working for Century Communities you will be responsible for leading the entitlement and pre-development process including zoning approvals, Municipal Utility District agreements, development agreements, consent agreements from applicable governmental entities, preliminary cost & engineering analysis, and 3rd party due diligence including environmental, geotechnical, survey and title reviews.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs as lead contact for due diligence
- Oversee the entitlement process for the Division’s land acquisitions
- Research approvals, permits, zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, off-site improvements/contributions, soils/geology, wetlands, utilities, and building costs of raw land for new home communities
- Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with officials and employees of municipalities and agencies with jurisdictional control over Division land acquisitions
- Review and evaluate civil development plans for cost and time savings
- Responsible for the creation of lot fits per Division standards
- Assist with preparation of Land Development schedules in MS Project
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Planning/Land Development/Civil Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the home building and/or real estate development industry
- Demonstrates the ability to complete the job responsibilities with minimal outside supervision and direction
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literacy
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read improvement plans, formulate budgets, understand accounting principles and read legal documents
Page 1 of 2