Director of Land Development and Entitlements
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Director of Land Development and Entitlements is responsible for supervising all land development field activities for assigned communities from pre-construction meetings to bond release. Responsible for the entitlement of projects including zoning approvals, development agreements, architectural approvals, preliminary and final plats, civil construction plans, development permits, landscape plans, and utility company designs.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure projects meet governmental requirements and individual site plans and specifications.
- Monitor land development schedules on assigned communities.
- Ensure completion of land development improvements for bond reductions and release.
- Maintain land development budgets.
- Coordinate the hiring and daily management of Sub contractors for land development.
- Prepare land development budgets for project in entitlement process for management approval.
- Coordinate preparation of Land Development budgets and projects and schedules.
- Coordinate all consultant interaction and work directly with various approval agencies including City and County Planning/Engineering/Zoning/ XCEL/HOA Departments related to all entitlement processes and other issues that arise.
- Negotiate purchase price and terms.
- Write LOI’s and review all contracts.
- Review amended contracts.
- Manage the surety process for all projects.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Division President.
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Land Planning, Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Land Development, Construction Management, Homebuilding.
- Knowledge of scope, region, jurisdictions and general Land Development.
- Ability to budget, bid, schedule. plan, organize, manage and supervise subcontractors.
- Knowledge of MS Office with focus on Excel and Project.
- Organizational Skills.
- Self- Starter splitting time between office and field with ability to perform duties with little supervision.
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to Detail.