Director of Purchasing
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Director of Purchasing for our new Dallas Fort Worth Division will be a vital member of the leadership team, helping us establish and launch our name in the Dallas-Fort Worth market. This role will oversee the entire purchasing operation for the Division, managing all vendor relationships and processes for bidding, bid analysis and contract negotiation
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Subcontractor recruitment and relations
- Approval of all contracted Trades, master negotiations & insurance compliance
- Subcontractor assignments
- Contract Terminations
- Determination and implementation of project specification and scopes of work
- Project budgeting, actual & forecasting and approvals
- Contract Negotiation
- Oversee bidding process
- Review bid spreads and award contract
- Direct Options
- Determination and pricing of all standard options
- Approval and pricing of all custom options
- Oversee Plans – Coordination of value engineering
- Pre-project plan review
- Consult with architects & engineers
- Rebate Agreement tracking and implementation
- Oversee all Purchasing including determination and enforcement of all departmental processes and procedures
- Review and code all field purchase orders and oversee distribution
- Training of field personnel in the areas of supply management, subcontractor scheduling, cost override controls, negotiations and dispute resolution
- Assist the Division President in all Purchasing project management oversight to assist in quality assurance and maintain schedules in production
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- NewStar: Constellation Software experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task while meeting various deadlines
- High degree of New Home construction knowledge
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 6+ years’ of experience as a Director or Senior Purchasing Manager in the Dallas-Fort Worth market
- Home builder purchasing experience required
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred