Assistant Land Development Superintendent
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Century Communities in Las Vegas is in search of an Assistant Land Development Manager
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing assistance to the Land Development Superintendent to monitor all phases of land development infrastructure construction through successful delivery of finished lots to Construction Department.
- Coordinate on-site construction activity for scope of work with subcontractors and field consultants as necessary.
- Regularly review all active development projects, including other construction activities, to verify work in progress and contractor activity and manpower.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy.
- Communicate and enforce safety regulations and job standards on all construction sites to laborers and sub-contractors.
- Verify material deliveries for import/export of fill; pipe; storm drains; concrete and amenity construction.
- Coordinate inspection process in cooperation with site contractor and schedule municipal and utility inspectors.
- Interact daily with various departments of company, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants and jurisdictional agency representatives.
- Enforce OSHA safety requirements; traffic and dust control standards; and SWPPP control BMP’s
- Maintain project files and records
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Obtain dust monitor certification from the Department of Air Quality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of heavy civil construction practices
- Must be able to read construction documents, surveys and technical reports to maintain quality control and oversee all aspects of construction including grading, storm drain, underground utilities and paving infrastructure
- Ability to prioritize projects, plan and execute to meet deadlines and organize work flow
- Sound judgment, ability to make decisions, work and act independently, and seek assistance or consult with more senior construction personnel when necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both associates in the industry and customers with limited knowledge of construction processes or terminology
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with all levels within the organization, dissatisfied customers, outside vendors, subcontractors, and laborers
- Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills, ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations and customer concerns in a positive manner
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, tact and ability to influence others
- Team player; ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Takes initiative; proactively addresses problems with regards to product or process
- Analytical with ability to give, receive, and analyze information in order to make effective decisions under pressure, in a high-volume, fast paced environment
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of land development/infrastructure construction experience with increasing levels of project oversight experience preferred.
- Experience with heavy civil or infrastructure construction preferred.