Post Closing Specialist/Credit Review
Position Title: Post Closing Specialist Department: Mortgage
As the proud affiliate lender of Century Communities—a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—Inspire Home Loans knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of financing A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Inspire Home Loans is seeking a Post Closing Specialist with 2-3 years of credit review experience with conventional and government loans to ensure guidelines are met according to investor requirements. As part of the Post Closing team, the Post Closing Specialist will perform daily post-closing functions to support the team, including reviewing loan documents for compliance and completeness and responding to investor suspense conditions. This position will work out of our Newport Beach, CA location.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Respond to investor suspense items to ensure timely loan sales.
- Communicate with investors to rebut erroneous findings on qualified loans.
- Work with members of Post Closing team to resolve government insuring deficiencies by prescribed deadlines.
- Work with members of Post Closing team to resolve underwriting or documentation suspense questions and/or deficiencies by prescribed deadlines.
- Review conditions on Jumbo, Government (FHA, VA, USDA) and Agency (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) loans and work with investors to resolve discrepancies in interpretation of guidelines.
- Review property appraisal report to ensure value of property is accurately presented.
- Review more complex loans, including but not limited to self-employed borrowers.
- Analyze business tax returns and calculate qualifying income.
- Able to follow AUS findings as well as manually underwritten loans.
- Research guideline questions and scenarios with our Correspondent investors.
- Keep up-to-date on agency/non-agency guidelines and internal policy and procedures
- Prepare and distribute post-closing reports, as necessary.
- Maintain accuracy of post-closing status dates in the loan origination system for accurate reporting.
- Contribute proactively to the Post Closing team in a growing company.
- Returns all phone calls received, including from Investors, Inspire Home Loans staff, Century Communities staff, escrow or title representatives, etc. for calls received prior to 3:00pm by the end of the day, and all calls received after 3:00pm by 10:00am the next day.
- Perform any and all other duties at the direction of their manager.
- Working knowledge of generating DU and LPA and required updates to both.
- Experience with Encompass preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, including Excel, and loan origination systems.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience in Post Closing, Secondary Marketing, and/or Correspondent Lending preferred.
- 1-2 years of underwriting review experience - FNMA/Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and USDA lending.
- Post Closing Specialist must demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and customer service.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience.