IT Quality Assurance/Support Analyst
Position Title: IT Quality Assurance/Support Analyst
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The IT Quality Assurance/Support Analyst works with the Development Team and Business stakeholders to Test and Document our Enterprise system applications and automation Bots. This position plays an integral part to insure we deliver the best applications to grow our Digital Mortgage ecosystem. In addition, the IT Quality Assurance/Support Analyst will be the first level of Encompass Support and will work with the Enterprise trainer to update and assist them with new system changes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform testing activities, including functional, performance, and regression testing.
- Works closely with Development Team, Business Analyst and the User Community.
- Design, develop, and maintain test cases
- Log defects and track them to resolution along with communicating defects to the Development team
- Set up test environments with the necessary test data and execute detailed test procedures and test cases for assigned products or product modules
- Drive towards on-time, quality deliverables in a highly complex and dynamic business environment, while actively managing stakeholder expectations.
- Assist with investigation, troubleshooting, problem solving and resolving operational application functionality related incidents and providing third level support including root cause analysis, testing and documentation.
- The IT Quality Assurance/Support Analyst will have the opportunity to learn SQL, SSRS and Power BI.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of QA processes, methodologies and approaches with respect to Software Development Life Cycles, including Waterfall or Agile processes.
- Must possess a high level of initiative
- Balance multiple, competing priorities effectively, track documentation and deliverables in an organized manner
- Ability to work flexible hours and a willingness to work on a on call schedule, if required
- Ability to read and understand requirement documents, identify gaps and capture one-off use cases
- Ability to think and operate in a logical manner, break down processes and investigate issues by asking the right questions to determine potential solutions
- Strong documentation skills
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years Software Testing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Analyst field or a combination of related experience and education or industry related experience.
- Hands-on experience with manual testing
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language
- Mortgage Experience is MUST.
- Encompass Experience is MUST.