Director of Land Acquisition
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You'll Do:
The Director of Land Acquisition is responsible for identifying, researching, underwriting, investigating, qualifying, and managing the purchasing of land and lots.
Key responsibilities include:
- Network with brokers, developers, engineers, planners, municipalities, and landowners for new acquisition opportunities.
- Perform preliminary due diligence and underwriting to determine viability of each deal.
- Maintain updated land use plans and database.
- Use plans, aerial maps, LandVision, and assessor databases to find vacant & semi-vacant parcels with the potential for residential use.
- Contact owners and enter potentially viable projects into the Land Database.
- Monitor Entitlement / Development application lists.
- Review Metro Study, Zonda , and other Broker resources for new parcels.
- Conduct Market Analysis to set preliminary pricing.
- Visits, competitive market analysis worksheets and price per square footage graphing.
- Complete due diligence checklist and due diligence memorandum.
- Complete presentation to Asset Management Committee for approval on all new deals.
- Resolve any AMC issues prior to EDD and Closing.
- Manage pipeline of deals for re-position back into the production cycle.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Manage Land Acquisition team consisting of Land Acquisition Manager and Land Acquisition Analyst
What you will Have:
- Experience in Land Acquisitions, Planning and Development.
- In depth knowledge of the area land market.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports or legal documents.
- Experience with publicly traded home builders preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Business or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in residential Single or Multi-Family Land Acquisitions.
- Real Estate License is a plus.