Position Title: Compliance Officer Department: Legal
About Inspire Home Loans
As the proud affiliate lender of Century Communities—a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—Inspire Home Loans knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of financing A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
Take our company to the next level to help us to continue to grow and structure our divisions to exceed the industry norms.Position Summary: Inspire Home Loans (a Century Communities, Inc. company) is searching for a Compliance Officer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of emerging mortgage compliance issue/liabilities as well as in depth knowledge of mortgage lending laws/regulations, mortgage production processes, mortgage technology and exceptional communication skills. This position can be located in Newport Beach, CA, Denver, CO or Charlotte, NC.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate responses to consumer complaints to ensure timely and accurate responses with consideration given to any relevant protection regulations;
- Maintain a library of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations;
- Maintain a competent level of expertise and knowledge of the requirements of the various laws, regulations, ruling governing the mortgage company's activities;
- Develop and maintain updates for compliance policies and procedures;
- Develop processes of new consumer financial products or services, distribute channels or strategies to determine degree of compliance and consider fair lending compliance risk;
- Conduct regular compliance reviews;
- Ensure responses and corrective action related to exceptions disclosed through Compliance Monitoring, Audit Reviews and Regulatory Examination Report findings are timely and effectively implemented;
- Administer compliance training to include Consumer Protection Laws and Regulations to the company's Board, management and employees;
- Act as a management liaison with regulatory examining authorities on compliance-related matters and coordinate examination activities;
- Establish and oversee an appropriate monitoring program;
- Report, at least annually, the effectiveness of the Compliance Management System (CMS).
- Solid understanding and knowledge of mortgage technology, Encompass a plus.
- Clear understanding of the entire loan origination/processing life cycle.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting to senior management.
- Attention to detail and organizations skills.
- Must have 5-7 years' of mortgage related experience, to include underwriting, production, operations.
- 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage lending laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of mortgage production processes.
- Prior experience conducting, responding and reporting internal and external compliance/regulatory reviews and audits.
- Knowledge of loan products to include Conventional, FHA, VA.
- Prior experience with Secondary Marketing, a plus.