Community Sales Manager (Kerman)
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
We are currently looking for a Community Sales Manager to join our team. This role provides direct support to the sales function by assisting the VP, Sales and Marketing (or applicable manager) and serving as the lead Sales Manager to the community.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the conversion of prospects to customers, generating referrals, and building strategic customer and realtor relationships to maximize revenue for the organization.
- Reviews competitors and market research regularly and serves as an internal expert on both new and used home product in assigned markets.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the business plan. Reviews the sales numbers for the Community regularly (prices, inventory, backlog, etc.) and use them to evaluate the effectiveness of the sales and incentive programs.
- Responsible for executing sales strategies and marketing plans in order to meet or exceed the Community’s sales volume expectations while maintaining an acceptable gross profit margin on each home sold.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of sales data maintained in New Star by updating it on a daily basis. Takes ownership of the sale numbers for the Community.
- Interacts as needed with other departments and functions such as Design Center, Marketing, Construction, Customer Relations, etc.
- Actively participates in weekly community meetings. Effectively communicates current sales statuses and stages.
- Continually educates themselves on current lending programs and trends.
- To ensure the community store front (sales office, model complex, community surrounding, spec homes, etc.) are maintained and in pristine condition.
- Help lead and grow Community Sales Associate(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent / Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of new home sales experience required.
- Valid Real Estate License as required by State.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Complete understanding of the sales process and the selling cycle as it relates to the new home sales environment.
- Must be effective at giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong software skills must be fluent in all Microsoft Windows Office applications.
- Ability to enter data and evaluate information (reports, Market Research Data, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interface at all levels within the organization and external contacts.
- Requires the ability to influence others, negotiate outcomes, and articulate action plans with community team, as well as, internal and external customer groups.
- High degree of professionalism; ability to communicate with confidence and tact.
- Team player; with demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Sound judgment and a high level of integrity to maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information.
- Self-directed; takes initiative, proactively addresses problems; can work with minimal oversight.
- Accurate; with attention to detail while staying clearly focused on the big picture.