Land Planning & Entitlement Manager
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take your career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Land Planning & Entitlement Manager working for Century Communities, you will be responsible for leading the community planning process including site planning, lot layout, landscaping, project theming, monuments, open space, etc. through collaboration with Division operations. You will be responsible for the entitlement of projects including zoning approvals, development agreements, architectural approvals, preliminary and final plats, civil construction plans, development permits, landscape plans, and utility company designs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs as lead contact for due diligence
- Oversee projects from the sketch plan to the entitlement process for the Division’s land acquisitions
- Research approvals, permits, zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, off-site improvements/contributions, soils/geology, wetlands, utilities, and building costs of raw land for new home communities
- Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with officials and employees of municipalities and agencies with jurisdictional control over Division land acquisitions
- Review and evaluate civil development plans for cost and time savings
- Responsible for the creation of lot fits per Division standards
- Review construction house location plans to ensure accuracy against lot fits
- Assist with preparation of Land Development schedules in MS Project
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to complete the job responsibilities with minimal outside supervision and direction
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literacy
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read improvement plans, formulate budgets and understand accounting principles
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Planning/Civil Engineering/Surveying or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the home building industry
We offer a competitive salary, bonus potential, full benefits suite including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD, 401(k) with employer match,and paid Personal Time Off (PTO). We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.