Financial Analyst or Sr. Financial Analyst
Position Title: Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst Department: Finance
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position Summary: The Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial and business analysis, projections and assumptions to facilitate a comprehensive and accurate forecasting model. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing financial packages, financial presentations, business plan analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between the Corporate headquarters and the Divisional offices as it relates to Finance issues.
- Responsible for helping manage and improve the Company’s forecasting models and reporting systems
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to Senior Management Team and Board of Directors
- Responsible for the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and performance against budget
- Analyze financial performance in active communities and accurately prepare the required financial packages (financial statements, cash flow analysis, budgets, business plan).
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, sourcing, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information
- Provides analytical support to management to improve home-building operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Ensures understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis. (Employer will not sponsor visas.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-5 years’ progressive experience in finance, financial planning and analysis and/or accounting (homebuilding experience preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Understanding of GAAP, cost accounting and job costing
- Proficient in various other software and accounting systems used in the real estate industry