Position Title: DE/SAR Underwriter Department: Mortgage
As the proud affiliate lender of Century Communities—a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—Inspire Home Loans knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of financing A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Inspire Home Loans is seeking an Underwriter with 5+ years of experience underwriting FHA, VA or Bond loans to ensure appropriate guidelines are met according to investor requirements. This position can be remote or in an office setting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Diligently review credit, income and assets documentation to determine borrower’s credit worthiness and repayment ability.
- Review property appraisal report to ensure value of property is accurately presented.
- Review more complex loans, including but not limited to self-employed borrowers. Analyze business tax returns and calculate qualifying income.
- Able to follow AUS findings as well as manually underwrite loans.
- Leverage knowledge of loan products and offer alternative financing options on eligible loans that are unable to be approved as submitted.
- Clear, concise and appropriate conditioning of loans when rendering decisions.
- Reviews items that are a variation of the actual condition required to determine if the acceptance of this condition will be acceptable to the investor.
- Mentor processing staff on underwriting deficiencies and calculation errors.
- Ensures quality control standards are met so company is able to sell loan.
- Works collaboratively with team members (i.e. loan officers, loan processors, closing, post-closing, etc) to drive quality deals to successful funding;
- Keep up to date on agency/non-agency guidelines and internal policy and procedures.
- Underwrite 2-3 new files a day in addition to reviewing files for conditions and clear to close.
Education and Experience:
- Previous underwriting experience required; preferably 5+ years of experience with conventional and government loans.
- DE required. SAR certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of loan origination systems, Encompass, a plus.
- Familiarity with builder loans, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of FHA, VA and investor guidelines.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Organized, attention to details, time-sensitive and dependable