Position Title: Senior accountant Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Position Summary: Inspire Home Loans (a Century Communities, Inc. company) is searching for a Senior Accountant to join our team. The position is responsible for supporting the VP of Accounting in a variety of professional level accounting duties inclusive of transactional processing, cost allocation, and oversight of treasury services and accounts payable. Must ensure that transactions comply with GAAP and company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee accounts payable
- Assist with treasury functions and help manage cash
- Prepare and submit bi-monthly commissions
- Assist with month-end close process through timely preparation and review of journal entries
- Prepare and analyze monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and schedules for proper amortization, accruals, and true ups
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and training documentation
- Assist with audit and regulatory requests
- Prepare and review local sales tax and property tax returns
- Assist with various projects such as needed including cash flow reports, P&L variance and balance sheet analysis
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with strict reporting deadlines.
- Excellent business acumen and communication skills required; Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Exceptional research, analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to solve problems
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Dependable and highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Advanced proficiency of Excel including V and X lookups and pivot tables and proficient in other Microsoft Office programs
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years accounting experience; financial services industry experience preferred.