Land Acquisition Analyst
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Land Acquisition Analyst
The Land Acquisition Analyst assists with identifying new land acquisition opportunities that align with the land strategy and business plan goals of the Division. Conduct research, provide analysis, and manage land data for the purposes of maximizing the profit of existing and proposed land assets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support Regional and Divisional teams in analyzing land prospects.
- Extract & analyze data from a variety of sources including the MLS, company databases, Metrostudy, LandVision, Zonda, and other external websites.
- Assist the Land Acquisition Team in preparing market study data.
- Review and analyze due diligence information for potential land assets.
- Assist in developing proformas, valuations and underwriting for potential land investments.
- Track critical date timelines for due diligence, takedowns, closings and changes within new and existing projects.
- Assist with the preparation of lot committee presentations and supporting documentation.
- Keep accurate land files, spreadsheets and data bases to track land positions.
- Utilize GIS, Google Earth, and other sources to research potential land acquisition opportunities
- Communicate with various departments, divisions and regions on land positions and critical dates
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- 2-3 years of experience in construction industry or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering or Construction is highly preferred.
- Combination of education and experience will be accepted.
- A background in real estate or market research is desired and professional knowledge of residential construction and land brokerage industry is highly preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, google earth, GIS.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task required.
- Driven to push for results with a measured sense of urgency.
- Must have initiative and be able to achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Must embrace a team-oriented work ethic and personality.
- Embrace remote work environment.
- Strong desire to work in land acquisition