Position Title: Compliance Officer Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!Position Summary: Inspire Home Loans (a Century Communities, Inc. company) is searching for a Compliance Officer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of emerging mortgage compliance issue/liabilities as well as in depth knowledge of mortgage lending laws/regulations, mortgage production processes, mortgage technology and exceptional communication skills. This position can be located in Newport Beach, CA, Denver, CO or Charlotte, NC.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate responses to consumer complaints to ensure timely and accurate responses with consideration given to any relevant protection regulations;
- Maintain a library of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations;
- Maintain a competent level of expertise and knowledge of the requirements of the various laws, regulations, ruling governing the mortgage company's activities;
- Develop and maintain updates for compliance policies and procedures;
- Develop processes of new consumer financial products or services, distribute channels or strategies to determine degree of compliance and consider fair lending compliance risk;
- Conduct regular compliance reviews;
- Ensure responses and corrective action related to exceptions disclosed through Compliance Monitoring, Audit Reviews and Regulatory Examination Report findings are timely and effectively implemented;
- Administer compliance training to include Consumer Protection Laws and Regulations to the company's Board, management and employees;
- Act as a management liaison with regulatory examining authorities on compliance-related matters and coordinate examination activities;
- Establish and oversee an appropriate monitoring program;
- Report, at least annually, the effectiveness of the Compliance Management System (CMS).
- Solid understanding and knowledge of mortgage technology, Encompass a plus.
- Clear understanding of the entire loan origination/processing life cycle.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting to senior management.
- Attention to detail and organizations skills.
- Must have 5-7 years' of mortgage related experience, to include underwriting, production, operations.
- 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage lending laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of mortgage production processes.
- Prior experience conducting, responding and reporting internal and external compliance/regulatory reviews and audits.
- Knowledge of loan products to include Conventional, FHA, VA.
- Prior experience with Secondary Marketing, a plus.