Retail Loan Closer
Position Title: Retail Closer Department: Mortgage
As the proud affiliate lender of Century Communities—a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—Inspire Home Loans knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of financing A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Inspire Home Loans, a Century Communities, Inc. company is currently searching for a retail loan closer. The qualified candidate will have 3-4 recent closing experience working on conventional and government loans. The loan closer will be working on loans from our retail division - refinances, purchases and resales. This position will be located in our Ontario, CA office.
- Audit file for completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with underwriting, government, investor and company guidelines;
- Current knowledge of TRID with ability to calculate fee tolerance cures and determine proper waiting periods;
- Prepare CD and coordinate closing date with processor and closing agent;
- Confirm all prior-to-doc conditions are met and signed off by appropriate parties before releasing loan documents;
- Prepare loan documents and ensure closing package is complete, fees accurate and fully compliant;
- Review signed closing package for accuracy;
- Ensure all prior-to-funding conditions are met and properly signed off;
- Coordinate closings with settlement agents;
- Responsible for preparing and verifying final funding figures;
- Prepare wire request for funding and provide settlement agent with funding authorization;
- Post-closing duties include confirming recording/disbursement, preparing collateral package, MERS registration, exporting 3.2 DU file, curing post-closing deficiencies, reconciling final settlement statement and preparing post-closing CD, if needed.
- Minimum 3-4 years recent closing/funding experience.
- Conventional and Government (FHA/VA/USDA) loans experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of TRID and RESPA LE/CD, required.
- Strong aptitude for detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to manage 100 closings/month.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.