Lot Closing Specialist
Position Title: Lot Closing Specialist
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Lot Closing Specialist for Century Complete supports the Land and Legal teams by managing all aspects of our Contract process. The Lot Closing Specialist will be responsible for tracking: contract status, due diligence/Notice of Continuation/Request To Close preparation, and earnest money tracking and reconciliation. This position will assist each region and division with contract compliance and due diligence tracking and maintain detailed earnest money records for the land department.
Communication and organization are critical to the success of this program. The right candidate will be able to effectively manage interactions with title companies, municipalities and our internal land and legal teams. Must be adept at Excel and Adobe. Calendar management, process and time management, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task are a must.
Several main focus areas for this position:
- Earnest Money Deposit processing & tracking
- Requests for EMD and EM returns from title companies
- Detailed accounting of all EMDs and credits for closing and terminations
- Working with accounting to verify refundable/non-refundable status
- New Project set up
- Working with other Specialist to verify new community set up is in compliance with contract and Lot Committee approved deal terms
- Due Diligence
- Track DD daily to ensure DD is exited on time with limited extensions
- Verify all DD tasks complete through working with regional land teams
- Manage the Request To Close tracker, which is an internal report requiring multi department interaction and communication.
- Reviewing contracts and verifies compliance when date changes are requested
- Track to be developed lots
- Regular follow up to verify status and assist in keeping timeline on track
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- High level of communication. Assignment requires coordination across geographies and organizational levels. High level of organization is a must.
- 3-7 years of experience in real estate and real estate contracts and closings
- Proactively problem solve. Analyze the remaining challenges and overcome/resolve/conclude on next steps.
- Familiarity with Title, Liens, HOA and HOA docs
- Calendar Management
- Exceptional organization skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel and Adobe skills required