Position Title: Underwriter Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Inspire Home Loans is seeking an Underwriter with 5+ years of experience underwriting conventional and government loans to ensure appropriate guidelines are met according to investor requirements. This position can be remote or in an office setting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Diligently review credit, income and assets documentation to determine borrower’s credit worthiness and repayment ability.
- Review property appraisal report to ensure value of property is accurately presented.
- Review more complex loans, including but not limited to self-employed borrowers. Analyze business tax returns and calculate qualifying income.
- Able to follow AUS findings as well as manually underwrite loans.
- Leverage knowledge of loan products and offer alternative financing options on eligible loans that are unable to be approved as submitted.
- Clear, concise and appropriate conditioning of loans when rendering decisions.
- Reviews items that are a variation of the actual condition required to determine if the acceptance of this condition will be acceptable to the investor.
- Mentor processing staff on underwriting deficiencies and calculation errors.
- Ensures quality control standards are met so company is able to sell loan.
- Works collaboratively with team members (i.e. loan officers, loan processors, closing, post-closing, etc) to drive quality deals to successful funding;
- Keep up to date on agency/non-agency guidelines and internal policy and procedures.
- Underwrite 2-3 new files a day in addition to reviewing files for conditions and clear to close.
Education and Experience:
- Previous underwriting experience required; preferably 5+ years of experience with conventional and government loans.
- DE required. SAR certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of loan origination systems, Encompass, a plus.
- Familiarity with builder loans, preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of FHA, VA and investor guidelines.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Organized, attention to details, time-sensitive and dependable