Division Manager - Gainesville
Position Title: Division Manager Department: Operations
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Division Manager (DM) manages superintendents, customer service managers and permit coordinators. Owns and manages the production planning of the Division to meet Plan deliveries. Ensures construction adherence, quality, safety is performed on all homes within the Division. Conducts weekly meetings with staff to ensure construction, sales and closings are progressing as scheduled. Spot checks neighborhoods to ensure compliance in all designated categories of focus per company guidelines and maintains a proper subcontractor base.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruits and trains construction managers within their division to meet the strategic business plan.
- Ensures timely delivery of building permits prior to lot close
- Ensures all preconstruction timelines are maintained to provide the construction team an on-time start at every lot purchase
- Generate and review daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports reflecting the results of the division and assesses areas of improvement or focus as needed. I.E. backlog review, evenflow forecasting, BuildPro deliveries, etc.
- Inspects neighborhoods and homes weekly as part of a routine inspection process to ensure cleanliness, quality, safety, and schedule adherence are held to the company’s standards
- Weekly meetings with division staff to ensure accurate home closing dates are established and are achieved per the business plan.
- Trains division construction managers as new staff is onboarded and in monthly construction meetings on safety and technical topics.
- Ensures a proper subcontractor assignments to deliver schedule adherence, quality, and safety.
- Ensures timely completion of outstanding customer service requests and maintains a high level of customer service satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- People skills to articulately and professionally handle conflict with customers, building inspectors, and trade contractors.
- Minimum of 2 years prior management position in Residential Construction Industry.
- Minimum 5 years within construction industry, preferably production experience in first time home buyer segment
- In depth knowledge of technical construction materials and methods
- Ability to design & implement new training modules for builders & subcontractors within the division
- Aptitude to run and review reports and pin point areas of need that align with company initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification, accreditation or job experience
- On time delivery/time of construction
- Customer satisfaction
- Budget/variance control
- Timeliness of completing CMP required docs
- 2-8 Superintendents
- 1-2 Customer Service Managers
- 1-2 Permit Coordinators