Assistant Land Development Manager
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Century Communities in Atlanta, GA is in search of an Assistant Land Development manager to the growing Land team!
The Assistant Land Development Manager manages the bidding, negotiation, and contracting of residential land development projects; the budgeting and scheduling of those projects; and assists the Land Development Field Managers in the execution and completion of those projects for the Company
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate contractor solicitation, qualification and bidding.
- Manage the bid evaluations process, contract negotiation, contract execution and administration.
- Preparation and modification of residential land development contract scopes of work.
- Creates detailed, project specific, preliminary land development budgets.
- Prepare and maintain of land development project schedules.
- Preparation of final land development budgets for presentation to management for approval.
- Closely manage projects to ensure they are completed within budget.
- Assist the Land Development Field Managers in the field as necessary.
- Monitor Active Bonds and prepare Punchlist tasks to have bonds released in a timely manner
- Review invoices against approved budgets and approve purchase orders for distribution.
- Coordinate with the accounting department to ensure timely payments to contractors.
- Assist the Land Development Field Managers in the scheduling and management of contractors.
- Ensure that finished lots are delivered to the construction department in accordance with division standards, on-time and within budget.
- Daily interaction with land acquisition, land entitlements, land development and vertical construction teams.
- Maintain project files and records.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the local residential (attached and detached) land development practices and
- procedures including wet and dry utilities, storm sewer, concrete, curb and gutter, paving, etc.
- Must be able to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend financial reports, construction documents, legal documents, surveys, soil reports and technical reports.
- Knowledge of infrastructure/civil land development construction practices.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year degree in Civil Engineering, Business, Construction Management, Urban Planning, Real Estate or related construction field.
- 2 + years of experience in residential land development construction, single or multi-family land acquisitions, or related experience.