Contract Project Coordinator
Since our founding in 2002, w’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Contract Project Coordinator will support the Land Development, Planning, and Purchasing teams in all aspects of day to day contract administrative support for all projects. Working within a team environment, the ideal Contract Project Coordinator will be able to assist in special projects relating to the origination, creation, and management of contracts for all vendors.
This is a full-time position, located at our Newport Beach office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation and processing of Master Subcontractor Agreements (MSA’s), Land Development Agreements, Consultant Agreements, Purchase Orders, and VPO's-Variance Purchase Orders.
- Ensuring that contracts and addendums are signed and executed by all parties and filed to conform with internal and external audit standards and company protocols.
- Manage files, documents, plans, contracts, purchase orders, change orders, and contract exhibits at the direction of the Land / Planning Managers.
- Processing of check requests for permitting and utility fees.
- Invoice coding, approval and verification of funds on Purchase orders. Act as a liaison between consultant / subcontractor and AP department to ensure timely payment.
- Requesting of City Municipal Bonds and Bond Tracking.
- Support with all Department of Real Estate/Veteran’s Administration/and Federal Housing Administration documents as needed for projects.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable and the willingness to contribute to special projects as needed.
- Performing a variety of administrative tasks in support of the Land/Purchasing Departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Experience working with contracts, vendors, and invoice processing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strength in Excel.
- Previous experience working with NewStar a plus (but not required).
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills: Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment. Strong organization & follow up skills.
Education and Experience:
- High School/GED required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the home building or construction industry.