Senior Financial Analyst
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Position Summary: The Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial and business analysis, projections and assumptions to facilitate a comprehensive and accurate forecasting model. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing financial packages, financial presentations, business plan analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for helping manage and improve the Company’s forecasting models and reporting systems
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to Senior Management Team and Board of Directors
- Responsible for the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and performance against budget
- Analyze financial performance in active communities and accurately prepare the required financial packages (financial statements, cash flow analysis, budgets, business plan).
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, sourcing, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information
- Provides analytical support to management to improve home-building operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Ensures understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices.
- Review and analyze due diligence information for potential land investments and act as a liaison between the Finance and Land Acquisition Departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Understanding of GAAP, cost accounting and job costing
- Proficient in various other software and accounting systems used in the real estate industry with Newstar experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Finance or Accounting
- 2-5 years’ progressive experience in finance, financial planning and analysis and/or accounting (homebuilding experience preferred)
Page 1 of 2