Assistant Field Manager - Townhomes
Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality, and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S.—and we aren’t slowing down. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. How did we get here? By focusing on our buyers, working side by side with each one to build a home that achieves their goals and fulfills their dreams. To remain an industry leader, we need passionate self-starters, changemakers and thoughtful collaborators. Just as our motto is A Home for Every Dream™, we’re committed to finding the right candidate for every dream job.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and employer match, vacation, and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position). If you are interested in a career with Century Communities, we’d love to hear from you!
Position Summary: The Assistant Field Manager for our Multi-Family team is a "hands-on" role: The AFM works closely with the Construction Manager and trades to ensure adherence to the construction schedule and overall new Homebuyer satisfaction with their new home.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation and filing of contractors’ paperwork.
- Ensure purchase orders are sent in a timely manner.
- Use scheduling software, update tasks as directed by the community Construction Manager.
- Maintain constant quality control inspection on all phases of job as directed by Construction Managers.
- Keep Construction Managers informed of subcontractor personnel, amount of work being accomplished, and whether the subcontractor is on schedule.
- Ensure homes are 100% ready at QA Day 1 and ensure homes are 100% ready and clean at the day of the Pre-Closing Orientation (PCO).
- Manage a community for short periods of time if the Construction Manager is absent.
- Check daily for safety violations of all job site workers.
- Help maintain the materials list posted in the construction office trailer.
- Complete any training assigned
- Be familiar with the Safety and Construction Standards manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to effectively work with managers and employees at all levels and develop positive relationships and a productive culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Has a "roll-up-your-sleeves" personality and is comfortable working “hands-on.”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Attention to detail
- Very organized with a systematic approach to achieving accuracy and efficiency
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience in the Construction / Homebuilding industry.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control.
- Previous experience with BuildPro construction software a plus!
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).