Regional VP Lot Acquisition - Florida
Position Title: Regional VP of Lot Acquisition
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Regional Vice President of Lot Acquisition generates lot and community positions to satisfy the Division needs for new home construction working with MLS, private parties, investor groups, banks, developers and other sources. The position will ensure that the lot supply is identified, reviewed for feasibility, evaluated for market absorption, and compared to resale as well as new home sales given the operating parameters of the studio and division.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Identify locations for new homes
• Identify the owners, sellers of lots that are in desirable locations
• Work up contracts and facilitate the execution for purchase of lots
• Work hand in hand with Division Manager and Lot Acquisition team to ensure that we are obtaining lots to meet Division needs and goals on a Monthly, Quarterly and Annual basis
• Work up preliminary budget of known items (ie. approximate clearing, number of loads of fill, septic/well, sewer/water, culverts, power, drive handing) communicate in summary report for each land position.
• Perform research on each lot to ensure there are no adverse restrictions such as eagles, owls, tortoises, minimum size requirements, etc.
• Maintain Lot Purchase/Pipeline schedules in conjunction with the Corporate Land Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
• Effectively and professionally communicate with prospective sellers, outside agencies, and employees.
• Organizational aptitude to manage the contract writing and filing process in a timely fashion to ensure accuracy and complete execution.
• Computer aptitude to work with multiple software programs and electronic communication
• Be capable of managing tight deadlines, promptly addressing changes without disrupting schedules, and managing high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• Positive and dedicated team player who has a strong work ethic and demeanor that fosters customer trust.
• Executed contracts on a weekly and monthly basis
• Conversion ratio: Offers to close
• Accuracy of lot information of budget vs actual costs