Region President of Land
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Century Communities is looking for a President to support our land acquisition and development efforts in our four Texas homebuilding divisions. Our Regional President of Land, Texas, will work closely with the President of the Texas Region to support significant growth in Texas. The position will require developing strong relationships with statewide land sellers, land developers, and others who may own land, including private equity firms and lenders, to source land acquisition opportunities for our homebuilding divisions. This position will also work closely with our operating divisions in structuring acquisitions, gaining entitlements, site plan development, development budgets, and development schedules to maximize each opportunity. It’s a hands-on position; the position will require active involvement in the field with our local team interacting with land sellers, local jurisdictions, professional firms, and site contractors. Seeing opportunities others don’t see and creatively solving problems will be essential contributors to the position’s success. The position requires the ability to train and mentor divisional land teams.
This role may be based in Austin, Dallas or Houston.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Network, build and manage multi-market and statewide relationships with land sellers, brokers, developers, private equity firms, lenders, engineers, planners, municipalities to source new acquisition opportunities.
- Work with our local land teams to structure purchase and sale agreements to balance the maximization of our return metrics with minimizing risk factors.
- Review and analyze acquisition prices and values given current market conditions and competitive environment.
- Source land developers to acquire and develop certain land acquisition opportunities with an agreement to sell finished lots back to the Company.
- Guide our local land teams to create compelling site plans that are efficient to construct.
- Provide input to acquisition underwriting assumptions in order to provide accurate financial and schedule forecasts. .
- Work with our local land teams to prepare and present investment memorandums to the Company’s Asset Management Committee.
- Work with our local land teams, engineers, site planners, and local jurisdictions to efficiently obtain the necessary approvals.
- Assist in the negotiation and review of all ancillary agreements, including development agreements, MUD agreements, and the like
- Provide guidance, suggestions, and comments to create land development budgets and schedules to minimize costs and development time.
- Regularly review land development and budgets providing feedback to the Region President, Division President, and development team.
- Review and recommend in support of all material revisions to land development budgets.
- Work with our local land development teams to reduce surety obligations as quickly as possible.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Work with the Region President and corporate staff to review and evaluate all merger and acquisition opportunities in Texas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Background:
- Deep relationships with land sellers, land developers, private equity firms, lenders, engineers and local jurisdictions.
- Ability to complete real estate market research, complex financial analysis and deal structures
- Public administration knowledge to facilitate the acquisition of information concerning real estate values, planning proposals, and government initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to interact successfully with land sellers, land developers, local officials, community leaders, employees, and the public
- Demonstrated ability to organize and facilitate meetings and events to conduct negotiations, find common ground and develop consensus among disparate interests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make public presentations to large and small groups, and research and draft media and public education materials
- Proficiency in the preparation of acquisition feasibility packages, including product recommendations, site-budget analysis and risk mitigation measures
- Knowledge of real estate entitlement requirements and process
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Land Use Planning, Civil Engineering, Public Administration, Business Administration, or Real Estate, Land Development, Business Administration and/or Land Planning concentration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 15+ years in acquisition, development and entitlement of residential communities, land planning/management, or related activities
- Successful tenure with a public homebuilder