Position Title: Senior Purchasing Agent
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position Summary: The National Purchasing Agent works with our Purchasing Teams across the company, ensuring timely and accurate purchasing/pricing information in our NewStar (NSE) database.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and update the model estimate and lot condition budgets (direct cost budgets) in NSE
- Ensure direct costs are budgeted in consistent line items in each division across the company
- Set up new plans & communities in NSE, ensuring consistent maintenance & accuracy for both
- Set up new vendors and maintain contracts with existing vendors in NSE
- Ensure Master Subcontract Agreements (MSA’s) and related insurance documents are signed and executed and conform with internal policies
- Ensure divisions are executing vendor bid comparison sheets and obtaining at least three bids when possible
- Input and maintain quantities and pricing (takeoffs, parts, craft codes and bid rates) in NSE
- Process and issue new purchase orders and maintain existing purchase orders in NSE
- Issue variance purchase orders and manual purchase orders on an as needed basis in NSE
- Set up new options and maintain existing options in NSE
- Help create a standardized master option database and division product libraries
- Input option pricing and ensure option margins are consistent with internal guidelines and individual market conditions
- Help divisions process and code invoices as needed
- Help create and maintain consistent scopes of work for major trades and ensure they are being used
- Assist the national purchasing team in setting up new rebate programs and inputting national contract price changes in NSE
- Input national and regional contracts and pricing into NSE
- Assist in corporate and division special purchasing and production-related projects as needed
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience with NEWSTAR Homebuilder ERP software strongly preferred!
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills: Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong understanding of purchasing within the homebuilding industry: Strong organization & follow up skills
- Previous experience working with contracts within the homebuilding industry
- Previous experience working with NSE strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with vendors a plus (but not required)
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification a plus (but not required)
- High School/GED required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working within the homebuilding industry
- Previous experience working with NEWSTAR Homebuilder ERP software strongly preferred
- Previous purchasing experience working with purchase orders, variance purchase orders, vendor contracts, and MSA’s (master subcontract agreements) within the homebuilding industry.