Director of Forward Planning
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Century Communities in Southern CA is in search of a Director of Forward Planning to join the Land team!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages consultants and engineers throughout the entitlement and development processes.
- Understands all aspects of entitlements and key dates related to zoning, annexation, general plan amendments, concept planning, feasibility studies, development agreements, agency coordination and cost estimating.
- Develops key relationships with city officials and other agency representatives. Work as the liaison between city and agency officials and the company.
- Manages key project dates – from pre-acquisition feasibility until the neighborhood is sold or closed out – to ensure the timely achievement of company goals.
- Understands the conditions of approval for each project and assures the timely completion of conditions
- Assists the Director of Land Acquisition and Director of land Development during creation of the initial land development budget, and throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Regularly attend Planning Commission, Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo) and City Council meetings.
- Responsible for preparation and approval of all entitlement documents required for new land purchases and all due diligence associated with such purchases.
- Obtains all necessary entitlements through approval of final tract map or maps and subdivision agreements.
- Manages project schedules and budgets to ensure projects are completed on time and under budget
- Coordinates project consultants, particularly land planning and civil engineering consultants, and manages their schedules and contracts.
- Identify reimbursements, tracks, and obtains applicable reimbursements.
- Community involvement – represent the company in community activities and industry related organizations such as the Building Industry Association and the Urban Land Institute.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and deliver timely and positive results
- Visibility of work requires attention to detail, including ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, with a high level of accuracy.
- Effective working in a team setting as well as independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional image always
- Dependability required - consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, and responds to management direction.
- The ideal candidate is a "roll-up-your-sleeves" personality who is comfortable working
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with preferred area of emphasis in Civil Engineering or Construction.
- 4 + years of successful project management/expediting experience with a production residential or multi-family builder.
- Experience in scheduling, budgeting and creation of business strategies for each project.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word; familiar with