Assistant Construction Manager
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder and industry leader in online sales, we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Assistant Construction Manager works closely with the Construction Manager and trades to ensure adherence to the construction schedule and overall new Homebuyer satisfaction with their new home.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation and filing of contractor’s paperwork.
- Ensure purchase orders are sent in a timely manner.
- Use scheduling software, update tasks as directed by the community Construction Manager.
- Maintain constant quality control inspection on all phases of job as directed by Construction Managers.
- Keep Construction Managers informed of subcontractor personnel, amount of work being accomplished, and whether the subcontractor is on schedule.
- Ensure homes are 100% ready at QA Day 1 and ensure homes are 100% ready and clean at the day of the Pre-Closing Orientation (PCO).
- Manage a community for short periods of time if the Construction Manager is absent.
- Check daily for safety violations of all job site workers.
- Help maintain the materials list posted in the construction office trailer.
- Complete any training assigned
- Be familiar with the Safety and Construction Standards manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Ability to effectively work with managers and employees at all levels and develop positive relationships and a productive culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Has a "roll-up-your-sleeves" personality and is comfortable working “hands-on.”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Attention to detail
- Very organized with a systematic approach to achieving accuracy and efficiency
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience in the Construction / Homebuilding industry.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control.
- Previous experience with BuildPro construction software a plus!
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).