Senior Project Manager
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
Century Communities, Inc. has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager that will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple projects from project inception through completion of track acceptance and bond exoneration. This includes the ability to secure necessary engineering plans and other governmental or quasi-governmental approvals needed to develop lots and build houses.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage consultants and engineers throughout the entitlement and development processes.
- Understand key dates related to zoning, annexation, general plan amendments, concept planning, feasibility studies, development agreements, conditions of approval, agency coordination, and budgeting.
- Develop strategic relationships with city officials and staff. Work as the liaison between city and agency officials and the company.
- Manage important project dates – from pre-acquisition feasibility until the neighborhood is sold or closed out – to ensure the timely achievement of company goals.
- Review and process tentative maps, zone changes, final maps, improvement plans, applications, architectural permits, and environmental approvals.
- Understand the conditions of approval for each project and ensure their timely completion.
- Assist the Land Acquisition Department in creating the initial Professional Services and fee budgets.
- Regularly attend Planning Commission and City Council meetings.
- Obtain all permits throughout the life cycle of a project.
- Manage project schedules and budgets to ensure projects are completed on time and under budget.
- Coordinate project consultants, particularly land planning, architectural, and civil engineering consultants, and manage their schedules and contracts.
- Identify reimbursements, track, and obtain applicable reimbursements.
- Community involvement – represent the company in community activities and industry-related organizations such as the Building Industry Association.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Skills to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and deliver timely and positive results.
- Attention to detail, including the ability to edit work for spelling and grammar with a high level of accuracy.
- Effective working in a team setting as well as independently.
- Demeanor to maintain confidentiality and project a professional image.
- Dependability is essential; you are consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, and respond to management direction.
- A "roll-up-your-sleeves" personality and you are comfortable working "hands-on."
- Proven record of success in managing a large project to completion.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Planning, Architecture, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of successful project management/expediting experience with a production residential builder.
- Experience in scheduling, budgeting, and implementing Division goals and objectives.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects at one time.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Word; familiar with SharePoint.