Position Title: Closing Assistant Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Inspire Homes Loans, a Century Communities, Inc. company is looking for a Closing Assistant our Charlotte, NC or Newport Beach, CA offices. The Closing Assistant will work with the National Closing Manager along with the closing, processing, underwriting and production team to ensure a smooth transaction of all files in the closing department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Pipeline Management – File assignments for the closing team, reassign files, update signing and funding dates as requested
- Assist closers in following up for signed skinny packages for funding review and conditions
- Process loan documents after closing checklist is completed by the closer and move the milestone
- Data entry such as moving milestones, wire instructions, appraisal fee reconciliation, additional fields as trained
- Follow up for post-closing documents from closing agents as needed
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Must be customer service oriented
- Strong aptitude for detail, accuracy and organization
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with ease (pipeline management)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive working independently in a high-volume environment
- Desire to expand job knowledge for potential career path promotion
- Strong aptitude for detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be independent and a self-starter.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Closing/Funding experience a plus but not required
- Recent closing/funding experience, preferably within a builder environment +
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.