Director of Land Acquisition
Working at Century Communities means building a career with a company driven by one simple objective: beautiful homes with lasting value, integrity, quality and service. As part of that mission, it also means support from a team dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success.
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Atlanta division of Century Communities is in search of a Director of Land Acquisition!
The Director of Land Acquisition is responsible for identifying, researching, underwriting, investigating, qualifying, and managing the purchasing of land and lots.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Network with brokers, developers, engineers, planners, municipalities, and landowners for new acquisition opportunities.
- Perform preliminary due diligence and underwriting to determine viability of each deal.
- Maintain updated land use plans and database.
- Use plans, aerial maps, LandVision, and assessor databases to find vacant & semi-vacant parcels with the potential for residential use.
- Contact owners and enter potentially viable projects into the Land Database.
- Monitor Entitlement / Development application lists.
- Review Metro Study, Zonda , and other Broker resources for new parcels.
- Conduct Market Analysis to set preliminary pricing.
- Visits, competitive market analysis worksheets and price per square footage graphing.
- Complete due diligence checklist and due diligence memorandum.
- Complete presentation to Asset Management Committee for approval on all new deals.
- Resolve any AMC issues prior to EDD and Closing.
- Manage pipeline of deals for re-position back into the production cycle.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Land Acquisitions, Planning and Development.
- In depth knowledge of the area land market.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports or legal documents.
- Experience with publicly traded home builders preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Business or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in residential Single or Multi-Family Land Acquisitions.
- Real Estate License is a plus.