Position Title: MBS GNMA Pooling Specialist Department: Mortgage
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective:
A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Inspire Home Loans, a Century Communities Inc. company is currently seeking a Securitization Specialist/ MBS Specialist. The qualified individual will have 2 years+ of direct experience.
The MBS Specialist supports the VP Secondary Marketing and the Secondary Marketing team. The primary focus of this position will be to support loan pooling and delivery functions, create and implement new processes and procedures in order to comply with GNMA issuer protocol – compliance associated with being a GNMA Issuer to include GNMA, GNMA pool administrator and GNMA custodian. The preferred candidate should be able to cross-train and support the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac space. The position is also responsible for researching issues, preparing a recommendation for resolution and implementing the resolution. The team member will develop new reports and work with the team to evolve processes to support overall Company goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop new processes, reporting and job aids related to rollout of GNMA/MBS execution.
- Responsible for oversight of all loans committed to Ginnie Mae which includes setting up Pool Headers in GinnieNet, monitoring pool submissions, monitoring initial certification and preparing pool settlement reports.
- Responsible for maintaining Pool Settlement Calendar and CUSIP Numbers.
- Responsible for maintaining Pool Listing and Commitment Authority.
- Gather data and execute annual Ginnie Mae re-certification documents.
- Assist with MBS approval process for GNMA, FNMA and FHLMC, as needed.
- Responsible for updating loan origination system with all the required information necessary for the proper import/export, tracking and reporting of GNMA loans/pools and maintaining investor and servicer header data.
- Acts as Administrator for Ginnie Mae Systems (i.e GinnieNet).
- Handle all escalation requests related to single loan issues relating to MBS pools and will work to resolve these expediently.
- Keeps up to date on agency pooling guidelines and internal policies and procedures
- Prepare and distribute pooling reports, as necessary. Maintain accuracy of MBS status dates in the loan origination system for accurate reporting
- Contribute proactively to the Secondary Marketing team in a growing company.
- Return all phone calls received, including from Investors, Inspire Home Loans staff, Century Communities staff, escrow or title representatives, etc. for calls received prior to 3:00pm by the end of the day, and all calls received after 3:00pm by 10:00am the next day.
- Perform all other duties at the direction of their manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- 2+ years current direct experience in a Ginnie Mae Pooling/Delivery Role
- Solid working knowledge of GSE regulations and guidelines governing the secondary marketing and mortgage securities pooling with emphasis on Ginnie Mae - preference given to candidates who have knowledge across all the GSEs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on details and accuracy
- Secondary Marketing representative must demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and customer service.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Experience with Encompass preferred
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, including Excel, and loan origination systems. Knowledge of Power BI a plus.