Position Title: Finance Manager
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Financial Manager role at Century Complete serves as the finance partner to our Region Presidents, finance mentor to our Division Managers and business lead for their assigned portion of the country. Working with our Corporate VP of Finance, they prepare the financial forecasts for each region and review the financial statements with the Region Presidents and Division Managers. Supported by a centralized accounting function, this role is focused on making the business acumen of our team better.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Financial partner to the Region Presidents and Division Managers.
- Proactively seek improve the accuracy and predictability of the Company’s financial results.
- Source data and prepare various consolidated weekly/monthly reporting of regional performance across company. Work closely with the field leadership to prepare quarterly forecasts of future business.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports by collecting, sourcing, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information. Assist in the preparation of presentations to Senior Management Team.
- Supervise Financial Analysts to ensure deposits, property tax bills and utility payments are properly handled at the local level.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices
- Provides analytical support to management to improve home-building operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Four-year degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent hands on experience in residential homebuilding.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ progressive experience in finance, financial planning, and analysis and/or accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of GAAP, cost accounting and job costing
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient in various other software and accounting systems used in the real estate industry.