IT Operations Manager
Title: IT Operations Manager
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
About Century Communities: Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Position Summary: The IT Operations Manager is responsible for planning, designing, building, and maintaining the company’s IT infrastructure. This role will manage the IT Operations team and with a lead-by-example mentality will support an effective delivery of all critical IT infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to: Network, Telephony, Compute, Storage, Cloud, Security, and Backup/Disaster Recovery.
This role works closely with internal customers and partners to determine infrastructure needs, then works to design and implement appropriate solutions to best enable the business. Understanding, maintaining, and refining our current network and server environments is critical, as well as keeping an eye on emerging IT technologies. This is a hands-on management role – we’re looking for “doers”, not just managers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Working under the leadership of, and in collaboration with, senior leadership to manage a highly technical team to meet company objectives on time and on budget, prioritizing security and fault tolerance in engineering skill sets.
- Work with various IT teams to find solutions for complex technical issues as they arise; then put process/technology/documentation in place to prevent recurrence.
- Act as technical champion for the department – recommend, implement, and mentor staff and peers on industry best practices for Security, Management, and Monitoring.
- Elevate and innovate existing processes; research, recommend, and deliver new products and solutions with the IT Operations Team.
- Receive complex technical projects from senior leadership and translate into project plans with deliverables and dates.
- Identify hardware/software/process areas that need upgrades or updates, develop action plans, and coordinate with leadership to complete.
- Resolve problems, identify trends, determine system improvements and implement change when necessary.
- Will be expected to work independently on complex, non-routine tasks, projects, and company initiatives.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis. (Employer will not sponsor visas.)
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology with increasing management responsibility in an enterprise environment of 50 – 500 servers and 800 – 2000 end users required.
- 3 years of strong operational leadership experience with hands-on tactical, as well as strategic management expertise desired.
- Knowledge and experience with administration of common software applications to include: Microsoft Server 2002R12 to 2019, Active Directory, VMWare, Office365, and Teams/Skype for Business.
- Knowledge and experience with network engineering to include routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Proven ability to support a highly available network with a history of increasing responsibility.
- Hands on experience with automation and scripting languages such as PowerShell desired.
- Some Azure administration experience desired, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions.
- Microsoft, Cisco, and/or VMWare certifications preferred.