Position Title: Staff Accountant Department: Accounting
Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
The Staff Accountant assists in completion of all accounting activities and the discharge of the Assistant Controllers responsibilities of the GL accounting department. Prepares, analyzes, and interprets accounting records and financial reports related to shared services accounting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support the senior accountant and other department personnel with a wide variety of accounting tasks including transactional processing (revenue entries, cost of sales, recording deposits, etc.).
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including cash/bank reconciliations
- Prepare recurring and adjusting journal entries
- Assist with monthly flux analysis
- Maintain fixed assets and associated depreciation schedules
- Other projects as assigned to meet company needs
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Ability to meet deadlines with sense of urgency and efficiency
- Strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1 – 4 years’ experience in accounting
- Residential homebuilding / construction accounting experience preferred
- Strong Excel / MS Office skills