National Purchasing Agent
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
Position Location: Corporate Office in Greenwood Village, CO.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Create and update the model estimate and lot condition budgets (direct cost budgets) in Newstar
- Ensure direct costs are budgeted in consistent line items in each division across the company
- Set up new plans & communities in Newstar, ensuring consistent maintenance & accuracy for both
- Set up new vendors and maintain contracts with existing vendors in Newstar
- Ensure Master Subcontract Agreements (MSA’s) and related insurance documents are signed and executed and conform with internal policies
- Ensure divisions are executing vendor bid comparison sheets and obtaining at least three bids when possible
- Input and maintain quantities and pricing (takeoffs, parts, craft codes and bid rates) in Newstar
- Process and issue new purchase orders and maintain existing purchase orders in Newstar
- Issue variance purchase orders and manual purchase orders on an as needed basis in Newstar
- Set up new options and maintain existing options in Newstar
- Help create a standardized master option database and division product libraries
- Input option pricing and ensure option margins are consistent with internal guidelines and individual market conditions
- Help divisions process and code invoices as needed
- Help create and maintain consistent scopes of work for major trades and ensure they are being used
- Assist the national purchasing team in setting up new rebate programs and inputting national contract price changes in Newstar
- Input national and regional contracts and pricing into Newstar
- Assist in corporate and division special purchasing and production-related projects as needed
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working with NEWSTAR Homebuilder ERP software strongly preferred!
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills: Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong understanding of purchasing within the homebuilding industry: Strong organization & follow up skills
- Previous experience working with contracts within the homebuilding industry
- Previous experience working with Newstar strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with vendors a plus (but not required)
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification a plus (but not required)
Education and Experience
- High School/GED required.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working within the homebuilding industry
- Previous experience working with NEWSTAR Homebuilder ERP software strongly preferred
- Previous purchasing experience working with purchase orders, variance purchase orders, vendor contracts, and MSA’s (master subcontract agreements) within the homebuilding industry.
Century intends to offer the selected candidate within the range stated; final offer will be based on a variety of factors including experience. Base pay range of $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 plus an annual bonus, commission, sales bonus, occasional incentive or quarterly bonus, whichever is applicable.#LI-RD1