Vice President of Development - Century Living
Century Living, the multifamily development arm of top ten publicly traded homebuilder Century Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCS), is looking for a Vice President of Development in its Mountain Division who will be responsible for the pursuit, development, and execution of new multifamily opportunities within Denver, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and other select U.S. markets. Responsibilities of the role will include overseeing and executing on site acquisition, due diligence, project underwriting / feasibility, design, permitting, financing, construction oversight, lease-up, and disposition. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset capable of taking on large amounts of responsibility and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate full project underwriting / due diligence, including market analysis, project feasibility / modeling, liaising with third party consultants, and preparation of Investment Committee memoranda
- Support the permitting and entitlements process
- Assist with managing project architects, engineers, landscape architects, interior designers, property managers, general contractors, and project managers, where applicable
- Assist in project design and product development
- Assist with general contractor contract negotiations and coordination of construction, including frequent site visits
- Ensure compliance with all project plans and specifications
- Maintain financial projections and monthly draw requests
- Assist with project debt and equity financing, including preparation of lender / investor materials
- Assist with management company’s lease-up and ongoing property management
- Source development opportunities by maintaining close relationships with brokers and landowners
- Assist with project dispositions
- Oversee, manage, and mentor junior team members
Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in business, finance, or real estate preferred
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years of multifamily development experience
- Expertise with MS Office, with a specific focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong financial modeling background and understanding of key return metrics
- Knowledge of real estate entitlement requirements / process
- Strong familiarity of major sub-markets in Denver, Phoenix, and Salt Lake City
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team mindset
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial mindset, high energy, and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a results-oriented and time is of the essence mentality
About Century Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCS): Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!