Corporate Land Investment Analyst
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you! This role will provide an immediate, high impact, integration to an essential function of the homebuilding industry and will provide the successful candidate with valuable exposure to land acquisition, real estate investment and homebuilding operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Land Investment Strategy and Evaluation
- Acts as a liaison between Corporate headquarters and Century’s local Division offices as it relates to land investment activities and lot pipeline management
- Communicates updates for active deals amongst senior Corporate and Division staff to facilitate strategic discussion, problem solving, and approvals for new land acquisitions
- Analyzes financial proformas and other investment tools for accuracy of assumptions, budgets, and accordance with deal terms to support the economic viability of new land investments
- Produces thorough review of market analysis including recommendations relating to product, pricing, sales pace, supply/demand trends and marketing strategies
- Develops strong knowledge base of trends and opportunities impacting the land and housing markets in the nation’s largest homebuilding markets
- Collaborates with Division land teams to prepare, publish, and present weekly acquisition requests to the Asset Management Committee
- Develops custom analytical tools and forms to support the evaluation of land transactions
Corporate Planning & Analysis
- Produces weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting packages concerning land inventory and land pipeline
- Compares future lot inventories to business plans to establish the specific land requirements and priorities for each Division
- Uses database software to report on community performance versus acquisition underwriting.
- Develops ad-hoc financial analysis to support high-priority management initiatives relating to land strategy, market opportunity and other strategic endeavors.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Must be proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel, with exposure to Adobe Suite and GIS helpful.
- Ability to perform real estate market research and complex financial analysis including the development of project financial forecasting models.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to interact successfully with Division and Corporate Management across the company
- Self-motivator with strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are a must.
- Proven ability to multi-task required.
- Professional knowledge of the homebuilding, real estate investment and/or land brokerage industries is highly preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 2-4 years’ experience in real estate development, residential or commercial land investment, market research.