Area Construction Manager
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing, and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Area Construction Manager manages and partners with the Construction Managers within the Division to ensure that the production of each community is progressing on schedule and within our strict quality guidelines for the on-time delivery of homes.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Coordinates and supervises all construction manager activities within a specific Division Area.
- Acts as a management resource for construction managers overseeing community construction, assisting them with scheduling, budgeting, subcontractor management, timelines, and inquiries.
- Maintains construction schedules for all area communities, identifies problems, and provides solutions, emphasizing Cycle Time adherence.
- Oversees ordering materials and follows up on inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Executes house starts within prescribed budgets, validating work completion before vendor payment.
- Properly negotiates the best value when Variance Purchase Orders (VPOs) are required and obtains authorization for any indirect construction expenses required to manage the job site.
- Ensures compliance of development, architectural, and engineering plans and specifications.
- Maintains positive relationships with Construction Managers, customers, contractors, suppliers, municipality inspectors, and employees. Handles all escalations as identified by the Construction and Assistant Construction Manager.
- Responsible for planning and directing work and appraising performance. Makes recommendations on promotions, transfers, salary actions, hiring, disciplinary discussions, and terminations.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and immediately rectifies job site hazards. Ensures job trailers are following the company's safety standards. Ensures all company employees and contractors adhere to the company's safety policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized community to include, but not limited to, homes under construction, finished inventory homes, model homes, empty lots, common areas, and construction office.
- Oversees erosion control in conformance with SWPPP regulations.
- Eliant Customer Satisfaction: ensures high levels of satisfaction in Home Delivery, Overall Construction, and Workmanship Material categories, along with timely home delivery and cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Expertise in residential construction concepts, practices, and codes.
- Effective at scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Knowledge of the issues of mold and mold remediation
- Capacity to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and blueprints.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of direct reports.
- Effective at analyzing problems and recommending solutions.
- Comfortable and successful at responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or business community members.
- Success in maintaining effective working relationships with customers, contracted agencies and workers, other employees, and supervisory personnel.
Your Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- OSHA 10/30 Construction qualification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years working in high production residential or multi-family construction, managing both projects and people.
- Previous experience working with a homebuilding scheduling software program required: Previous experience with BuildPro is a huge plus!